Friday, October 13, 2023

What Are Locks?

                                                               What Are Locks!



        Today we will be getting into this thing we call locks. Many different people wear locks. Yes, they do. The one and only race I'm talking about today is Black People. Locks started with us. Not up for debate. Anyway, we will be getting into that today, I love locks even though I don't have any myself I still love them. It comes from my people so why wouldn't I love them? I will say this the locks hold a lot of power. Let's get into it.

        Locks!

1) What are locks?

    It's a free-locking hairstyle, twisted, palm-rolled, coiled together to create a rope-like appearance.

2) What does it mean to black people?

    It means pride in a physical form which ties us with the natural life, and our beliefs. Devotion to purity.

3) Culturally meaning?


    Connection with the divine and spiritual world. Symbol of strength and integrity for warriors and chiefs.

4) Form?

    Just let your hair grow in its natural state without combing it at all. It will lock on its own. It's just the natural state of our hair.

5) Difference between Dreadlocks and locks?

    Locks are natural and have a more neutral term for them, dreadlocks have a more negative connection to them which means fear or dread. Don't let that go over your head.

6) Who in the bible had locks?

    Samson (Look it up)

7) What do the locks give you?

    They give you strength, power, and much more. (Look it up) 

8) The name for female locks?

    Jata-dreads, locks

9) Are locks good or bad?

    Very good might I add, Help protect you, as well as help connect you to God. (Don't let that go over your head)

10) What are the upkeep for locks?

    Wash them in the river and leave them alone! (Simple as that) (Locks not Dreads) 



    So this was 10 facts you might or might not know. There you have it. Anything you seond guess please do you homework and find the answers for yourself. They are out for you to find. I love you guys. If you have any questions please leave a comment or drop an email.


I love yall!


Ashe'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Herbs For High Blood pressure!

                                                     H igh Blood Pressure! Today we will be talking about High Blood Pressure. Like I say w...